Registration Rates and Deadlines
Registration is limited to 400 participants, so register early to avoid disappointment. And just to sweeten the deal . . . if you register on or before July 31, you save $75!
Postmarked by July 31:
ALA or IFLA members: $375
Postmarked after July 31:
ALA or IFLA members: $450
Registration fee includes:
- Admission to all program sessions
- ILDS conference bag
- All-conference dinner at the Museum of Contemporary Art
- Lunch on Monday and Tuesday
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks
Optional Event: The best way to see Chicago is from the water, so join your colleagues aboard the First Lady for a luxurious Chicago Skyline boat tour. This sunset cruise on beautiful Lake Michigan includes cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and a panoramic view of the city's lakeshore and skyline. The cruise takes place Tuesday evening, September 20, and tickets are $50 each. Guests are welcome.
Guest Tickets: Guest tickets may be purchased for the all-conference dinner at the Museum of Contemporary Art on Monday night. Note: This event is included as part of your conference registration fee. Tickets are only necessary for traveling partners/guests, and cost $60 each.
How to Register
- To create a registration profile, click on basic information to get started.
- For those who have an ALA profile, please use your existing login and password.
- Having trouble with registration? Take a look at our step-by-step instructions (PDF)
- You can expect to receive e-mail confirmation within 24 hours.
Mail or Fax
- Print a copy of the ILDS Registration Form (PDF) and mail or fax your completed form to the address or fax number listed below.
- An email confirmation will be sent once your registration has been processed.
Registration questions should be directed to ALA's Member & Customer Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.545.2433, or 312.280.4299.
ALA/ILDS Conference Registration
American Library Association
50 E. Huron
Chicago, IL 60611
Payment for the full amount of the registration fee must be made before you can obtain your name badge and conference materials. Cancellations received on or before August 15, 2011, are entitled to a refund minus a $50 processing fee. Cancellations received after August 15, 2011 will not receive a refund. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com or faxed to 312-280-1538.
The ILDS 2011 Conference and related events are offered on a cost-recovery basis and may be cancelled if there is insufficient registration. In the event that ILDS or an ILDS sponsored activity is cancelled, ILDS cannot be responsible for any cancellation charges assessed to registrants by airlines, travel agencies, or hotels.